At Hornet we are pleased and proud to support local and national organisations. We have recently donated to the following:
- The Alfred Foundation
- Local Pink Ribbon Cancer Foundation
- The Luekemia Foundation
- The kids fun run with Thomas
- Biggest ever blokes lunch – Cancer Foundation
- Olivia Newton John Foundation
And many others over the years.
Our Indigenous Partnerships
Over 10 years ago we built a relationship with an Indigenous design business, Deadly Design. We have hosted that business and assisted them to grow. As well as their Indigenous inspired graphic design, Deadly offers a print management and promotional products service to many corporate clients. These include but are not limited to:
- Energy Australia
- Cummins Diesel
- Monash University
- Darebin Councul
A commitment to environmental responsibility.
At Hornet Press we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. We have strict environmental standards in place. These include:
- The use of vegetable based inks that do not contain potentially harmful chemicals.
- A large range of recycled, environmentally friendly, chlorine and acid-free papers, from sustainable forestry practices are available.
- All water and chemicals used on presses are separated and disposed of safely according to EPA standards.
- We use computer to plate (CTP) technology to minimise the necessity for film and chemicals.
- All paper, aluminium and other waste products are separated for recycling.
- We also carefully consider requirements for each and every job and use appropriate energy efficient machines to suit.
- We manage our factory efficiently with minimal waste, and always recycle materials wherever possible.
- We utilise and generate our own solar electricity to power our facilities.